For those who want a long-lasting whitening solution that really makes a huge difference, professional whitening isn’t the only way to go.
Porcelain inlays and onlays are dental reconstructions solution to restoring damaged teeth due to decay. An alternative to white fillings, porcelain inlays and onlays are a popular solution for patients who desire a very natural appearance, as well as a restoration that is strong and long lasting.
When compared to metal restoration, porcelain inlay and onlay procedures preserve more tooth structure. When used in combination with dental bonding they are able to restore your tooth to its original strength. Additionally, porcelain composite materials are designed to withstand daily wear and tear and beautifully replicate natural tooth enamel’s color, texture, translucency and consistency.
Porcelain inlays are most suitable as a restoration for teeth damaged in the area of the indented portion on top of the tooth.
Porcelain onlays are most suitable for teeth extensively damaged on the indented area and extending to other teeth surfaces.
The procedure for porcelain onlays and inlays is fast, safe and effective. In just two dental visits, your teeth can look great again!
During your first visit, Dr. Paul Mathew follows these steps:
- Preparation of your tooth’s surface, removing damaged fillings or decay
- Creation of a mold of the prepared tooth
- Application of a temporary sealant to protect your tooth until your restoration is complete
Your porcelain onlay or inlay is constructed by a dental lab using the mold Dr. Mathew took of your tooth during your first visit. The lab creates your restoration using strong, durable porcelain composite material virtually undetectable in looks or function from your natural teeth.
During your second visit, Dr. Mathew follows these steps:
- Removal of the temporary sealant
- Placement of the porcelain inlay or onlay onto your tooth with a special bonding material for a permanent seal
- Affixing of the restoration securely to your tooth
- Any necessary minor adjustments
- Polishing of your tooth for a smooth, strong, natural surface that looks, feels and functions just like the real thing
Are porcelain onlays and inlays right for you? You won’t know until you visit Dr. Mathew personally. At Artisan Dentistry in Salem, New Hampshire and Newburyport, Massachusetts, we make it easy with our 3-Step Complimentary Tooth Bonding Consultation, our No Wait policy, and our 5 Year Warranty. All of these wonderfully innovative services are rounded out with our affordable teeth bonding financing, so you don’t have to wait a minute longer for a beautiful, new smile! Please contact us today to schedule a complementary consultation.